[CT Birds] Boston Hollow?Yale Forest, 6-13-15; some birds are starting to sing again.

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Jun 13 13:33:14 EDT 2015

It's been pretty quiet for the last couple of weeks, but I'm  hearing
certain species starting to sing again, and more individuals, also.The  species
count stays pretty much constant, since all the birds there  now nest there.
After a couple of weeks of "trainng" the Raven family  finally seems to have
left as they do every year. I'm sure they are in the area,  but they avoid
the Hollow for a while.

Jun 13, 2015 8:15 AM  - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
6.0 mile(s)
56 species

Canada  Goose  7
Turkey Vulture  2
Broad-winged Hawk  1
Mourning  Dove  6
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  1
Yellow-bellied  Sapsucker  2
Northern Flicker  1
Pileated Woodpecker   4
Eastern Wood-Pewee  3
Least Flycatcher  3
Eastern  Phoebe  8
Great Crested Flycatcher  4
Eastern Kingbird   1
Yellow-throated Vireo  1
Blue-headed Vireo  6
Warbling  Vireo  1
Red-eyed Vireo  10
Blue Jay  2
Tree  Swallow  4
Black-capped Chickadee  2
Tufted Titmouse   1
Red-breasted Nuthatch  1
Brown Creeper  1
Winter Wren   2     First time in weeks I've heard more than one
Blue-gray  Gnatcatcher  2
Veery  10
American Robin  12
Gray  Catbird  12
Cedar Waxwing  10
Ovenbird  25   4 seen
Worm-eating Warbler  3     First time  in a month I've heard even one
Louisiana Waterthrush  2
Northern  Waterthrush  3
Blue-winged Warbler  2
Black-and-white  Warbler  6