[CT Birds] eiders

Keith Mueller kmueller at ntplx.net
Sun Jun 14 19:48:39 EDT 2015

Years ago Charlie Allin (RI Wildlife Biologist) and I searched all the islands of great pond point Judith and the Sakonnet Islands for Eider nests when 3 small broods of 2-3 day old eiders and foster hens were seen off Pt Judith and Newport. We didn't find any indications of nests. We were out in a boat in heat pond when we talked to a fisherman that had been fishing off Cuttyhunk, he mentioned he saw a brood of "tiny" baby eiders swimming towards Sakonnet point coming from the Elizabeth islands. It's possible the eiders off Groton were hatched in ct, but I agree with Glenn , most likely NY waters.
K Mueller

Sent from my iPhone