[CT Birds] Acadian Fly(?) Naugatuck SF

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Mon Jun 8 18:26:32 EDT 2015

I have such a torturous time with empid songs that I hesitate to report this to the list, but I believe I had an Acadian Flycatcher in Naugatuck State Forest (western block) this morning.  It was near the road shortly before the powerline cut.  I spent a silly amount of time comparing what I heard to recordings and Acadian was where I ended up.  A Louisiana Waterthrush was singing in the same area.

Otherwise there were no real surprises.  At least two Yellow-billed Cuckoo "singing".  Cedar Waxwings were seen everywhere I birded that was at all open.  At least three singing Veery were nice to hear.  I was in slow-birding mode and didn't cover all that much territory over 4 hours and 51 species.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT