[CT Birds] Hummer feeder...again

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 10 07:18:36 EDT 2015

Last year I posted to this list that my hummer feeder was being monopolized by a downy woodpecker. On advice, I added a second. Now I have downy, hairy and red-bellied woodpeckers on both feeders. I did not think a red-bellied could get a beak into that hole, but I guess his tongue fits in. The poor hummingbird just checks out the feeders and whizzes by. I do have flowers that he visits so he is getting nectar, but I wonder just how many feeders I would need to have one available for the tiny bird.