[CT Birds] Connecticut nesting eider

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 14 19:28:40 EDT 2015

I will investigate more when I return home, but these were very small ducklings, probably not more than a few days old and they were almost on her back when they ventured for a short swim with their mother from the small island before returning to the safety of the rocky island.With all the boat traffic in that area, it's hard to believe they traveled very far from where they hatched.It seems possible that they bred here in CT.

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone