[CT Birds] Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, 6-17-15; 2nd prairie Warblerr for the yr, BB Cuckoo

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Wed Jun 17 21:15:13 EDT 2015

2nd Prairie Warbler this year after never having 1 in the  area before.
Heard in same location as the first, a month apart.  Black-billed Cuckoo in the
same general location as 1 was found  yesterday.

Jun 17, 2015 7:50 AM  - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
6.0 mile(s)
54 species

Canada  Goose  7     Five goslings with  2 adults. I was  seriously worried
yesterday when i found a number of large feathers srpead  around the shore
of the pond they frequent. I thought predator got one of the  adults. Now, I
have no idea  what happened, but they both look in good  shape and the male
was as feisty as ever, as he charged my car.
Broad-winged  Hawk  1
Mourning Dove  7
Black-billed Cuckoo   1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker   3
Downy Woodpecker  1
Pileated Woodpecker  2
Eastern  Wood-Pewee  3
Least Flycatcher  4
Eastern Phoebe   8
Great Crested Flycatcher  1
Yellow-throated Vireo   1
Blue-headed Vireo  5
Warbling Vireo  1
Red-eyed Vireo   10
Blue Jay  5
Tree Swallow  4
Black-capped Chickadee   12
Tufted Titmouse  4
Brown Creeper  3
Veery   8
American Robin  8
Gray Catbird  8
Cedar Waxwing   8
Ovenbird  15
Worm-eating Warbler  1
Louisiana  Waterthrush  2
Northern Waterthrush  1
Blue-winged Warbler   1
Black-and-white Warbler  8
Common Yellowthroat  6
American  Redstart  8
Magnolia Warbler  4
Blackburnian Warbler   6
Yellow Warbler  8
Chestnut-sided Warbler  10
Black-throated  Blue Warbler  3
Pine Warbler  6
Yellow-rumped Warbler  (Myrtle)  1
Prairie Warbler  1     2nd 1 this year  and first in a month. Oddly, heard
at the same location as the first. Never had  1 iIwas sure of  before this
year
Black-throated Green Warbler   6
Canada Warbler  5
Eastern Towhee  12