[CT Birds] (Extralimital) CTYBC Vermont Trip - 1 week

Peter Thompson pthompson234 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 10:00:17 EDT 2015

In just one week the CTYBC will be making its first-ever overnight trip! We
will travel north to Vermont and with the help of some great adult birders,
we will be able to band Bicknell’s Thrushes at Mount Mansfield! We will
camp at multiple spots in the area, and we will also do some boreal birding
in search of some excellent nesters. Our primary targets make up the Boreal
Grand Slam – Black-backed Woodpecker, Gray Jay, Boreal Chickadee and Spruce
Grouse – and can all be found at Moose Bog. This trip will be full of great
birds and experiences for the entire trip! The trip begins on Friday, and
ends on Tuesday. Most of the birding will be from Saturday to Monday.

Peter Thompson

Secretary

Coventry, CT