[CT Birds] Naugatuck State Forest - East Block - Hermit Thrush and Yellow-billed Cuckoos

John Oshlick john.oshlic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:40:32 EDT 2015

Naugatuck State Forest - Beacon Falls

Today I walked the Naugatuck Trail from Andrasko Rd in Beacon Falls to
Beacon Cap (Naugatuck State Forest East Block)

I had 1 singing Hermit Thrush. I also had 2 Yellow-billed Cuckoos. Other
birds included 18 Pewees, 29 Red-eyed Vireos, 11 Wood Thrush, 39 Ovenbirds,
5 Worm-eating warblers, 7 Black-and-White Warblers, and 12 Scarlet
Tanagers. I also had Towhees and 1 Prairie Warbler in the stunted forest
that grows along the ridges.

John Oshlick