[CT Birds] Stamford Red-necked Grebe

wingsct at juno.com wingsct at juno.com
Tue Jun 16 19:47:47 EDT 2015

A RED-NECKED GREBE in breeding plumage was sighted about an hour agoby a friend, Will Schenck, Jr. in the west branch of Stamford Harbor, in a cove between Peck Pt. and Davenport Pt.I went over to confirm the identification and obtained excellent photos - thegrebe was that close with perfect lighting.  It also called twice - a first for me!An amazing "yard bird" for Will whose back yard borders the cove. Alas, a week too late for our Summer Bird Count.  Drats!! Meredith SampsonOld Greenwich