[CT Birds] 6/18 - Branford, Lake Saltonstall - Black-billed Cuckoo

jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 21 10:27:42 EDT 2015

One note about this and the other observations of cuckoos......This seems to
be a banner year for gypsy moths.  On Regional Water Authority property in
North Branford, we have observed hundreds of acres defoliated this year on
the east side of Totoket Ridge.  Hiking the Mt. Sanford block of Naugatuck
SF in Bethany/Cheshire/Hamden y'day, I also witnessed several defoliated
oaks.  Looking at the forest floor, you can see plenty of ripped/half eaten
oak leaves.

John Triana