[CT Birds] Hummingbird question......

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 28 19:57:19 EDT 2015

I have a beautiful Mulberry tree in my yard and boy does it attract birds when full of Mulberries! Saw 12 species in one minuet and sure more were there throughout the day. But today I saw for the first time a RT Hummingbird buzzing there as well. I followed it to see if it might be eating berries or what. It did hang around some berries searching for something. Bugs? I'm sure it was, but I also saw it stick its bill into some berries as if sucking juice from them! Does anyone know if Hummers have been known to feed from fruit or berries?
Paul Carrier - Harwinton