[CT Birds] Last bit about Hammo

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sun Jun 28 20:27:43 EDT 2015

Well I hope I'm counted among those 4-5 considering the amount of time I and Audubon (state and chapter) (and COA) have spent on the issue, admittedly not to satisfactory results as of yet, but that the west end amenities are confined to the area that is already blacktop and Meigs'overflow parking not being permanently altered may be at least partially the result of the discussions.  I'm hoping we can move toward a phase of discussing improvements for birds and birding.  To that end there has been a recent positive change regarding management of terms and plovers at Hammo where Audubon staff are now helping to mange those birds in the park.  Maybe if some of the work we are doing at Stratford Point is successful in improving the habitat and birding there it could be emulated at other places like Hammo or Silver Sands?

Patrick

Sent from my iPhone