[CT Birds] Resident Sharp-shinned Hawk

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 23 17:58:13 EDT 2015

I had a nice adult Sharpshinned Hawk seen at the Waterbury reservoirs property. Passing through the miles of  forested dirt rds, it crossed in front of me and perched in a tree for a fantastic look.
Has anyone ever birded this area ? Please contact me if you have! It's fantastic birding just from the car on the dirt rds. Not allowed to get out and enter the woods though. I also had great woodland birds as well - I will be birding here in the future, and bet their are some real goodies here to see. Have lived up here - Litchfield county - for over 40 years, and never discovered this place before....
Paul Carrier - Harwinton