[CT Birds] Holiday Gate Closing Milford Point

Frank Gallo fgallo at ctaudubon.org
Wed Jul 1 21:40:01 EDT 2015

As we do each year, in cooperation with State and Federal authorities, the Coastal Center at Milford Point will be closing our parking lot and grounds to ALL vehicle and foot traffic beginning on Thursday, July 2, at 4:30 p.m., in order to decrease disturbance to nesting birds and wildlife during the holidays. The gate and grounds will be open from dawn to 4 p.m. on Friday. They will be closed again from Friday at 4 p.m., until dawn on Sunday to accommodate the timing of different fireworks. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

The gate lock will be replaced with a new lock during this time, and the normal keys will not work. Please do not enter while the gate is closed.

With the fireworks and the July 4th holiday, we limit the activity on the beaches to protect the nesting birds and their fledglings. There will be a police officer and State DEEP monitors patrolling the area to help prevent any disturbance.

Please pass the word to others! Thank you again for your help and understanding.

Have a great holiday!

The Coastal Center Staff.

Connecticut Audubon Society's
Coastal Center at Milford Point