[CT Birds] Hammonasset

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Thu Jul 2 10:03:37 EDT 2015

Amen!! What else needs to be said......well, maybe just one small
reminder- SHOREBIRD PUDDLES!! Since they were filled in, how many
Shorebirds were seen in the fields last fall where they use to be?
Hint.....ZERO!! I remember flocks of shorebirds including Golden
Plovers, Upland Sandpipers, Ruff, Phalarope, etc., using those vital
puddles. Thank You Mark for your continued "concerns" and for keeping
this at the top of the list. To think that this State has lost and
continues losing so much of the minimal remaining vital coastal
habitat is profoundly disheartening!

Keith Mueller
Killingworth