[CT Birds] Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, 7-3-15; Some species quiet, others moving again.

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Jul 3 21:18:48 EDT 2015

Last week I heard Louisiana Waterthrushes every day in  Boston Hollow. But
last Tuesday I heard none near the Yale camp, where I had  heard several a
week earlier. And today, none in Boston Hollow either. However,  I did manage
to see three, some or all juveniles I think. I also saw one and  heard one
Northern Waterthrush.
Even though the birds are quieter now they can still be found  because the
juveniles don't know enough to hide very well yet, and are willing  to feed
and play out in the open. Broad-winged Hawks screaming loudly, probably
some newly fledged, but I couldn't get a good look.
No RW Blackbirds for some reason and the number or yellow  Warblers singing
has greatly decreased.  Finding only singles of many  species now. Tuesday,
several Wood thrushes singing near the Yale camp, but none  at all today at
Boston Hollow.

Jul 3, 2015 8:00 AM  - 1:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
6.0 mile(s)