[CT Birds] Boston Hollow,/Yale Forest, 7-6-15; yet another Blacke billed Cuckoo sighting

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Jul 6 20:34:54 EDT 2015

This is obviously an exceptional year for Cuckoos, especially
Black-billed. I've lost track of how many times I've seen or heard a BBCU.  So far only
one YBCU for me, but there have been numerous reports all over the  state.
There is one Indigo Bunting with a really odd song. I had to  find him to
ID him. But he has a girlfriend who sits and listens all day, so I  guess
that's what counts.
More juvies every day, many trying to sing, with odd  results.

Jul 6, 2015 7:45 AM  - 1:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
6.0 mile(s)
55 species

Canada  Goose  7
Turkey Vulture  6
Cooper's Hawk  1
Broad-winged  Hawk  1
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Black-billed Cuckoo  1   Seen, not heard, in the top of a tall choke cherry
in the midst of  a hemlock-pine forest
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1   Immature. Unexpected as i find very few RBWO
in the  area
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  4
Downy Woodpecker  3
Eastern  Wood-Pewee  4