[CT Birds] WOW! Birds everywhere today!

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 8 18:04:05 EDT 2015

In my yard here in Harwinton, birds were here in numbers and everywhere! I have a Shad Bush tree and Mulberry both in peak fruit now, and the birds come daily. But today so many where in yard I was confused by the numbers. Seemed more than the fruit trees where the reason. Saw many adults feeding fledged babies, like:All below with young fledged birds around...
Cedar Waxwing - 13 plus - 4 adults, 9 youngB&W Warbler - pair plus 5Robin
BluejayChipping SparrowChickadeeBluebird - on 2nd set of eggs plus 1st fledglings who also were helping to feed mother in box.CatbirdRed e VireoPheobeCrow - and many moreCreasted Flycatcher - nesting1st of year Yellow rumped Warbler and Blue headed Vireo-2and so many more feeding from yard, trees, bushes, pond and lawn. and my daily Red s Hawk whom i feed road kill was calling for more.Migration is getting near!

Paul Carrier - Harwinton