[CT Birds] Solitary Turkey

Jane Olsen olsenj at stlukesct.org
Fri Jul 10 17:55:18 EDT 2015

We have had a solitary wild turkey wandering in our Ridgefield yard and our
neighbors' yards through the spring and now into summer.  She hangs around
under our feeders and sometimes even flies up onto the deck.  I worry about
her being alone.  Is this a normal variant of wild turkey behavior? I have
only ever seen them in large flocks (although I have never seen them in our
yard before).  Jane Olsen

Jane Nicklin Olsen
Fifth Grade Department Chair
St. Luke's School
New Canaan, CT 06840
email: olsenj at stlukesct.org
phone: +1 (203) 801-4905

*This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and any attachments and destroy any
copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than
the intended recipient is unauthorized.*

*Please consider the environment before printing this email. *