[CT Birds] Wood thrush fatal window crash - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 11 16:57:30 EDT 2015

  While in our kitchen here in Washington, CT  this afternoon I heard a big crash into the window of our front porch, which I realized had to be a fatal crash of a wild bird into this window. Went outside and found a dead wood thrush. Have to get new UV decals on our windows and put more of these decals on the windows then I have done in the past. Looking on the outside with the sun fully on these windows one can the reflection of the trees on the windows and therefore the fatal flight of this poor wood thrush into the window. Hate to have a wood thrush fatality as they are in trouble population wise.
David W BabingtonWashington, CT