[CT Birds] Window Strikes

Patricia Bailey bails at att.net
Tue Jul 14 16:43:36 EDT 2015

Somewhere I read about an experiment using tape on windows to prevent window strikes.  I use masking tape spaced no more than 4 inches apart.  It seems to help.  Doesn't look the best for the neighbors, but so what.  It might not always work, but at least they have to slow down in their attempt to get throughout the spacing of the tape.  I think the thing that really worked was moving my feeders so my house is at a different angle when they fly off the feeders.  I have to look at an angle to view the suet feeder, but it saves injury and death to the woodpeckers.
Pat Bailey
Sherman, CT