[CT Birds] 5 WHIMBRELS

Russ Smiley rsbirder at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 22:17:15 EDT 2015

Upon arriving after work, I was able to see four of the Whimbrel fly across
the eastern portion of the marsh. Later I saw one flying alone, pursued by
a willet, in roughly the same general area. They all dropped into the grass
or channels where they were well concealed. There were peeps overhead, an
adult little blue heron, a pair of glossy ibises, a few common terns,
clapper rails calling, saltmarsh sparrows showing themselves (for a
change), and osprey everywhere I looked (including one bathing midriver).
Russ Smiley
Marlborough, CT