[CT Birds] Dark Unknown Bird West Hartford yard

Katherine Kuckens katkuckens at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 08:59:09 EDT 2015

A bird I can't identify has been in our yard and at the sunflower seed
feeder this week.  It is about the size of a sparrow, and hangs around with
them.  The bird is uniformly very dark gray, almost black, with no other
color. Even its feet and beak are very dark gray or black. Its beak is
conical and looks most like a sparrow beak.  I've looked at pix of finches,
buntings, and sparrows without finding it.  It is much smaller than a crow,
blackbird, etc., and is not shiny.  Photos from my bird feeder are here:
  Any ideas about what it is would be most appreciated.

Kat Kuckens