[CT Birds] Old Saybrook Cattle Egret

Jack Swatt jswattbirds at snet.net
Tue Jul 28 11:28:35 EDT 2015

Cattle Egret continues this morning at Ingham Hill Rd pond, Old Saybrook.  Seen at 7:20 this morning on the bank to the left from the road with the geese and Mallards.  Frank speculated the same thing I was thinking yesterday, that it might be the same one from Old Lyme.  The homeowner across the street said he has seen Cattle Egrets in the pond in past years.  I'm not sure of his identification skills but he accurately identified this one as a Cattle Egret when he approached me and seemed to know alot about Cattle Egrets in general
Jack SwattWolcott