[CT Birds] Great Egret behavior

Robley Evans rjeva at conncoll.edu
Wed Jul 29 12:29:47 EDT 2015

Let me add this observation to list of unobserved heron behavior : Last
month I watched as a  little green back stood on a sunken branch in my
marsh for a time, than slowly sank down into the algae and duckweed pool
until only his eyes and crest remained above water, staying there sometime.
Bird lice? Boredom?  Surely dangerous perhaps unusual?

Robley Evans, North Stonington