[CT Birds] Birds seen today in my travels

Jerilyn Duefrene kaymad143 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 15:07:06 EDT 2015

I was at Maynard's Pond this morning and the Cattle Egret wasn't there -
Maynard said "maybe the Cattle Egret realized that he was tired of being
photographed after yesterday". Maynard and I talked for quite a while, he
said they were coming to the farm each year. I was there for the morning
feeding time and that was entertaining - watching the 1 week old calf on
his new legs with his Mom and all of the others. Maynard has lived there
his whole life and is now 84, a very nice guy and quite interesting too.

15 Glossy Ibis - lots of preening going on (juvenile and adult)
16 Canadian Geese
20 Mallard Ducks
1 Red Tailed Hawk (juvenile)
15 American Crows
3 Great Egrets

I also went to Hammonasset and saw:

18 Purple Martins
1 Glossy Ibis
4 Osprey (2 adults and 2 kids)
Complete Swan Family (2 Adults and kids)

All at or near the West End Beach.

Jeri Duefrene