[CT Birds] Cattle Egret 073015

Jerilyn Duefrene kaymad143 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 20:14:58 EDT 2015

Good evening,

I stopped by the Ingham Hill Road Pond (aka, Maynard's Pond) after taking a
drive to Haddam and I got to see The Cattle Egret! "He" was hanging out
across the pond (from the gate for the cattle by the road). He was with
about 10 Geese, the cattle were out in the field on the other side of the
pond. The Cattle Egret is actually my 200th bird for my Lifelist! I forgot
about a Thick-Billed Murre (2 of them) I saw at Machias Seal Island last

While out today I also saw the following:

2 Great Egrets
10 Osprey
8 Turkey Vultures

at the Pratt Cove Preserve off of Route 154. The Osprey and Turkey Vultures
were all circling above. The 2 Great Egrets were sitting in a tree (photo

Jeri Duefrene