[CT Birds] CTBirds Digest, Vol 3081, Issue 2 ID help

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Aug 4 21:19:19 EDT 2015

Sounds like a Northern  Parula

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 20:51:05 -0400
From: Susanne Shrader  <birdgirrl at comcast.net>
To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Subject: [CT  Birds] ID help

In West Hartford, on my deck  just sitting as I walked  3 feet away, was a
warbler sized bird that was  mostly soft grey with blue tones on the back
with 2 prominent white wing  bars, a soft yellow throat with no clear
demarcation under the belly, and  partial eye-ring that was yellow and was broken
at 3 and 9 o'clock. I could not  easily see any yellow on the cere. But I was
struck with the long and slender  bill. The bill rules out Verio, and I'm
thinking about some sort of a  warbler  like a female or juvenile yellow
throated warbler. As I started  walking again  it did fly away and disappeared.
The encounter was extremely  strange . Can somebody help?

Susanne  Shrader
birdgirrl at comcast.net