[CT Birds] (no subject)

Jerilyn Duefrene kaymad143 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 23:19:36 EDT 2015

Good evening,

Finally getting to my computer after a busy day/evening.

I finally went out for some birding today after being home most of the time
with my new kitten (Cecil), we met at PAWS in Woodstock last Saturday and
he just had to come home with me. I am monitoring my 2 furkids - my doggie,
and my new kitty cat!

In Old Lyme, I was on Darling Road  (toward the Route 156 entrance) and saw
my very first Wood Duck! (pictures taken from the waterfall area).

Also in Old Lyme - behind the DEEP Headquarters - a Green Heron flew over
me and later I saw him in a tree

Old Saybrook - Maynard's Farm and Pond:
Resident Cattle Egret (this afternoon and later at 7:30 p.m.)
16 Tree Swallows
1 Red Tailed Hawk
40 AMerican Crows (Ledge Maynard told me that there were about 70 of them
in the hay field this morning).
20 or so Canadian Geese

Ledge Maynard let my friend Kathy and I walked around the entire pond!
Found the 2 week old calf there too. :-)

Jeri Duefrene
Niantic.