[CT Birds] Thompson Shorebirds

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Aug 6 10:35:18 EDT 2015

Passing this along.

>From Dylan Pedro, Burrillville, RI
Today on East Thompson Road looking around the driving range at the Raceway Golf Course: Killdeer littering the course, as well as an accompanying Solitary Sandpiper on a dried-up pond next to the course. This pond looks great for shorebirds: nice mud in an pretty open area; I'm surprised there wasn't more there. I also only checked a portion of the course's fields, so there could have certainly been something else of interest there.

Non-shorebird highlights were an adult male Eastern Bluebird and fledgling hanging around the headstones at the nearby graveyard as they often like to do.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT