[CT Birds] Banded Roseate sightings

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Mon Aug 3 21:15:52 EDT 2015

I should alert coastal birders that if they happen to see a Roseate tern with a blue leg band, they should try to note the code (its one letter, two numbers)and pass the information on to Helen Hays ([ hays at amnh.org ]( mailto:hays at amnh.org )), director of the research facility on Great Gull Island.  Brendan and I just got back from a wonderful week out there and this year there is a group tracking adult birds with radio transmitters and their young with these colored bands, in order to observe their dispersal patterns from the nesting colony.  I happen to know that at least one of these banded Roseates was recently seen at Harkness S.P. in Waterford CT.
-Sean Murtha