[CT Birds] CTBirds Digest, Vol 3081, Issue 2 ID help

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Aug 4 21:19:19 EDT 2015

Sounds like a Northern  Parula

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 20:51:05 -0400
From: Susanne Shrader  <birdgirrl at comcast.net>
To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Subject: [CT  Birds] ID help

In West Hartford, on my deck  just sitting as I walked  3 feet away, was a
warbler sized bird that was  mostly soft grey with blue tones on the back
with 2 prominent white wing  bars, a soft yellow throat with no clear
demarcation under the belly, and  partial eye-ring that was yellow and was broken
at 3 and 9 o'clock. I could not  easily see any yellow on the cere. But I was
struck with the long and slender  bill. The bill rules out Verio, and I'm
thinking about some sort of a  warbler  like a female or juvenile yellow
throated warbler. As I started  walking again  it did fly away and disappeared.
The encounter was extremely  strange . Can somebody help?

Susanne  Shrader
birdgirrl at comcast.net

Subject:  Digest Footer

This  list is provided by the Connecticut Ornithological Association (COA)
for the  discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut.
For subscription information  visit

End  of CTBirds Digest, Vol 3081, Issue  2