[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 12:50:05 EDT 2015

​8/12  milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center  9am-11:30PM, high tide
rising,
75-85F, sunny.
Lots of visitors and campers today.
Viewed from windows facing marsh:  3 Juvenile Yellow crowned night herons
and 1 adult,
1 Great Egret, 9 Willets standing and 2 were fighting/sparring in marsh, 3
Mute swans, .
Our ospreys are all fledged and were either on the nest, the pole or
soaring through the marsh.  Lots of calling from juveniles.
The Purple Martin condos were empty at 9am, and around 11 am. When I left
at 11:45am, two Purple martins were sitting near the condos.
On grounds,
Common Grackles, House finches, mourning doves, 7Starlings,
1 female cardinal (bald head), 1 Cowbird with House sparrows, and a female
cardinal feeding a cowbird.
On drive home, an adult osprey flew over the entrance to northbound95 at
exit 34 and landed in tree.
Bev Propen, Orange.