[CT Birds] Gas Pipeline - another comment

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Wed Aug 12 22:24:20 EDT 2015

 One of the key reasons New England's energy costs are the highest in the country is the gas pipeline bottleneck at our borders. Didn't everyone's electricity almost double last year? That's because the power plants can't get the cheap natural gas available everywhere else. Instead they must burn oil and coal. Much dirtier and more4 expensive than Nat. Gas.

Yes, we must carefully determine what/where a new pipeline will go in the context of the environment. However, we shouldn't knee jerk reject the idea.

A. Scuterud