[CT Birds] pipeline

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 14 08:13:52 EDT 2015

As this is a bird list, I do not wish to get into a discussion of energy policies, fracking or whether a natural gas pipeline is necessary. Let's just leave it at that. My main concern is that Kinder Morgan has kept very quiet about this and has not kept the public informed. As birders, we would at least like to be able to evaluate whether habitat will be disturbed. In Bloomfield, we had a very hard time even getting a response as to where the proposed pipeline would be.

As for Paul's comment about the I291 proposed highway through the West Hartford Reservoir years ago, I was involved in the group to stop this....had recently come to live in W. Hartford but realized this would be a very bad idea. DOT had already built the connector ("the stacks") in Farmington assuming the proposal would pass. It shows that private citizens DO have a voice in these decisions if enough people care.

Zellene