[CT Birds] Ebird Boston Hollow La Waterthrush

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 20:42:47 EDT 2015

I note that a Louisiana Waterthrush has been reported for Aug. 13 in Boston
 Hollow. Checking my Ebird reports, I see that I had both Louisiana and
Northern  Waterthrushes on Aug. 16 of last year. However, I recall that was
last year was  a truly exceptional breeding year for many species, and I
believe that some  nested 2 or 3 times. I have no idea if that applied to the
Waterthrushes, but If  I heard them at such a late date it seems likely (I
probably found  them by ear).
I have not been home recently to check, but at such a late date that's  a
great find!
Don  Morgan
Coventry, Ct.