[CT Birds] Birds today, Meriden Nighthawk, Milford Black Tern

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sat Aug 15 21:03:17 EDT 2015

There was a Black Tern on the breakwater at Milford Point, found by Stefan Martin, which was a highlight of the COS shorebird ID seminar.  A couple of folks had a Forster's Tern very far out.

The main highlight of our side trip to Stratford Point wasn't a bird at all, but a swarthy skipper (again found by Stefan).   We did have very nice views of juvenile Least and Spotted Sandpipers among the regulars.

I had a Common Nighthawk fly over in Meriden this evening.

Patrick Comins, Meriden

Sent from my iPhone