[CT Birds] Sherwood Highlights

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 17 10:24:38 EDT 2015

8/17/15-Westport-Sherwood Island SP-
After being away for six weeks,I  did a quick check of the park,especially to see if we still had any Purple Martins. I found ten martins happily chirping away atop the Martin poles,3 adults and 7 juveniles.
Also of note,I had a Wood Duck and 2 Green-winged Teal,all hens,at the waters edge on the west beach,obvious migrants.In and near the spruce grove,I had 2 Canada Warblers,an Indigo Bunting,an Eastern Phoebe,and a constantly calling Eastern Wood Pee-wee.I suspect there were other migrants but I had to get to work.
And one more migrant in my yard calling when I returned home-a Yellow-billed Cuckoo and a new yard bird.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone