[CT Birds] Help with bird ID.

jacmd1 at sbcglobal.net jacmd1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 17 10:33:07 EDT 2015

Accompanying is a link to a photo.  This slow moving heron was working the shallows in Noank.  From a distance it looked like a little blue heron, and was about the right size.  A great egret also working the shallows gave scale.  The photo shows to me more the pattern of a young yellow crowned night heron.  Mid afternoon on a bright day is an odd time for a night heron to be so active.  Comments appreciated.  My previous effort to send a link seems to have failed.

John Calogero

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uruzbcotxrst63k/IMGP1694a.jpg?dl=0