[CT Birds] Stratford Point Gate this evening and tomorrow.

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sat Aug 22 16:37:14 EDT 2015

The gate will be closed this evening and tomorrow.  Access through the gate may be sporadic over the next week with me taking some days off and Scott traveling.    If someone wants to come by, please check with me and/or Scott we can let you know if it will be open or otherwise arrange for birding access.

Please put Stratford Point Gate in the subject line.

Today the tern flock was mostly on the Milford side and a bit smaller.  At one point this morning they put up and seemed to vanish into thin air.   By afternoon there was not a tern in sight or earshot.

Highlights from today included a young male Peregrine Falcon and a fairly active migration morning in the Coast Guard strip with several Empidonax flycatchers, all seeming to be "Trail's" that I could get a look or shot of.   A few Common Yellowthroats and Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and a few other warblers that I only heard chip.  Both Lesser and Greater Yellowlegs in a small flock near the reef balls at low tide gave me a 2 for 1 new species tick for my list at the point.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut