[CT Birds] Black and Forster's Terns continue at Milford Point

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sat Aug 22 18:58:29 EDT 2015

8/22/15:  We kayaked through the marsh and out into the mouth of the river
near high tide.  We were rewarded with good views of two Black Terns flying
over the water at the mouth of the river and one Forster's Tern roosting on
a sandbar with Common Terns and Laughing Gulls.  We also saw impressive
numbers of American Oystercatchers and Sanderlings roosting on the
breakwater jetty near high tide. Full report on ebird.

Chris Loscalzo and Marianne Vahey,

Woodbridge