[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 22:03:45 EDT 2015

​8/19 Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center  9am-11:30am,  dead low
tide rising,
80-85F, sunny.
At 9am, the osprey nest was empty with no sign of any of the brood.  At
9:20am, one osprey flew over the marsh, and after that, no sign of the
ospreys.  I assume they were out fishing, since the tide was so low.
On the marsh:  4 Black bellied plovers, 3 Semipalmated Sandpipers, mixed
flock of 21 Black ducks and mallards foraging in the mud and low water,1
Great Egret, 3 Snowy Egrets,  5 D.C. Cormorants further out, 6 Mute swans,
1 Juvenile Yellow crowned night heron, 1 Willet,  1 Ring billed gull eating
a fish.
On the grounds:  3 Purple Martins flying , 1 Mourning dove, Robins,
Grackles, 1 Flicker, 1 Cardinal.
Lots of butterflies which I want to learn about.
Bev Propen, Orange