[CT Birds] Stratford Terns

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Thu Aug 20 15:28:18 EDT 2015

Huge feeding frenzy of terns right now off the point, which has been going on for hours.   I picked out one Black Tern and one Roseate Tern, but there was one in the flock that I got a brief scope view of that was a bit odd.  It was a fairly uniform dark gray across the back.  It kind of struck me as an Arctic Tern in my brief impression (I'm not saying it was one though).   In any case it is probably worth keeping a close eye on this tern flock, especially since Frank had 4,000 terns here this morning.

The gate should be open this evening and tomorrow.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road