[CT Birds] Terns again

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Aug 21 15:09:41 EDT 2015

Still big numbers of terns at the Mouth of the Housatonic River today.   There were 2-3,000 on the bars at low tide this morning and it has been a steady stream of terns flying in small groups, mostly flying from the Sound into the river.  I haven't seen any big cohesive foraging groups in the river, but among the traveling groups I had at least 8 Roseate Terns and at least 3 Black Terns.  A pretty steady stream of the "ja-vick" calls of Roseates when I step outside.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road