James Nordgren jim_nordgren at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 23 08:58:21 EDT 2015

My wife found a northern waterthrush on the concrete outside a tall building in the Bronx this past week, it seemed to have an injured wing. She brought it home in a box with newspaper and a cup of water. When we opened the box it flew away, right to the nearest clump of trees. We did the same with a woodcock that I found on a busy sidewalk one morning on Wall St., let it rest in a box, brought it home and opened the box and it flew immediately to the nearby wetland. Lots of building strikes during migration.
Jim Nordgren, Ridgefield, CT