[CT Birds] Balding Birds, Norwalk

Jennifer Orr jenny.s.orr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 15:30:15 EDT 2015

In our yard we have 3 bald Blue Jays, one bald Grackle, and one bald House Sparrow.
At first it was only one of our Blue Jays but quickly others started showing the same
deteriorating head feathers. I had thought this was only around my neighborhood until
I went to Dorset, Vermont this weekend with a fellow birder and spotted yet another bald
Blue Jay up there.  Is this a type of mite or.....?  All feeders, baths, and areas under feeders
are clean.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Jenny Orr
Norwalk, CT