[CT Birds] Balding Birds, Norwalk

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Mon Aug 24 15:46:03 EDT 2015

Hi, Jenny!
It's molting season! That time when birds shed their feathers to grow a
new batch. The head feathers are usually the most obvious when they go.
We've had some seriously sad-looking bald blue jays and cardinals in our
yard this past week. More info from Cornell here:
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/the-basics-feather-molt/
:-)  Tammy Eustis, Chester