[CT Birds] Bluff Point fencing removal September 1

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Mon Aug 24 20:47:15 EDT 2015

Thank you to all who joined us last week for fencing removal at
Sandy/Morse Points. Bluff Point State Park's fencing removal will take
place on Tuesday, September 1, at 10:00AM and will be the final date for
the season. We need all the volunteers we can get!

Please remember that taking down fencing can be physically demanding
because of the potential heat and humidity, and those who join us should
remember a few things:
-wear sunscreen
-drink plenty of water or sports drink
-do not attempt to carry too many stakes, there are enough volunteers
and staff members so that no one should overexert themselves
-anyone who needs to limit physical exertion should stick to winding up
string rolls
-take as many breaks as needed

Bluff Point is a tremendous fall migration area, and it should be a lot
of fun birding with our crew. Please email us at ctwaterbirds at gmail.com
if you can join us for it, and thank you!

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator
skruitbosch at rtpi.org