[CT Birds] Hamden: Upper Lake Whitney Cycle, Aug 27 + 28, 2015

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Aug 28 15:35:48 EDT 2015

Today:  6 Green Heron in Big Avis, on North Lake Dr., Hamden.  Big Avis is a kettle pond on the North Lake Condo campus;  it's next to the pool.  It is shallow, with patches showing above, good for Green Heron to stand on.  Frogs & turtles inhabit it, but no fish I believe.  It's kept at level by Lake Whitney (if they draw down, Big & Little Avis go down).

Around upper Lake Whitney, much the same as yesterday, but for the addition of one lone Barn Swallow up by the mouth, N. of Waite St. bridge.

Yesterday's list below:  "only" 4 Green Heron, 2 or 3 Kingfishers, plenty of Mallards & Wood Duck.

Glad to chat with Amanda K. -- drop me a line, if you like!  (K., or C.?)

Begin forwarded message: