[CT Birds] Somers Nighthawks

Jan Collins jgcollins at cox.net
Sun Aug 30 11:26:53 EDT 2015

8/29  7 PM over the Mill Pond in Somersville prior to a moonlight paddle
event, 6 COMMON NIGHTHAWKS with several dozen Tree Swallows swooping over
the pond, then a little farther up river, 1 Great Egret, which are usually
only seen this time of year on the Scantic when they are in migration.  Not
happy with the 50+ boaters disturbing his supper but he eventually flew to a
secluded backwater.   Several Great Blue Herons flying and vocalizing in the
dark as we made our way back downstream under the full, orange moon.

Jan in Somers